Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Bicycle built for THREE!

When I was a kid we used to go to this pizza place that had two guys, Bubba and Jack, one on an upright piano and another on a drumset (or trumpet or something... it's been a while). They would play traditional favorites and invite the customers to sing along. Their down-home repertoire included "Yes, Sir, That's My Baby," "Yankee Doodle Dandy," "Give my Regards to Broadway," and my all-time favorite "Bicycle Built for Two":

Daisy, Daisy,
Give me your answer do
I'm half crazy,
All for the love of you
It won't be a stylish marriage
I can't afford a carriage
But you'll look sweet
Upon the seat
Of a bicycle built for two

Michael, Michael
Here is your answer true.
I'm not crazy
All for the love of you.
If you can't afford a carriage,
There won't be any marriage.
'Cause I'll be d***ed,
If I'll be crammed
On a bicycle built for two!


Jack is gone, but Bubba is still playing... now for 38 years!


Anyway, I digress... we just got a triple-tandem... that's right... a tandem for three people. It's soooo cool!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

where's the pick of the triple???

sounds fun:-)