Thursday, March 30, 2006

31.8 mph in the fast lane!

I made some changes to her bike for the state time trial championships so I wanted her to check out the new position and other tweaks I had made to her bike. I didn't have her shoes and pedals so I just screwed in some platform pedals and she rode it with her running shoes. After a warm-up loop she took it up to speed to see how it felt at speed. I was expecting her to get up to the low 20's and ride it for a while but as I rode alongside her, her speed kept going up... 22, 22.8, 23.5, 24.9 and up until she was at 31.8 mph and not spun out or pushing as hard as she could! I shut her down because we were running out of road. She was laughing as I was giving her the speeds (her rear wheel didn't have a magnet for her speedo) and said she loved the new setup... no kidding! Posted by Picasa

No comments: