Sunday, May 25, 2008

Capitol of Texas Triathlon

It's been almost four years since Kiersten last did a full-fledged triathlon (notwithstanding the Xterra last weekend) and when she decided she wanted to get back into tris, Cap Tex was the one she wanted to do. I had to get a waiver to allow her to race, though, since the minimum age was 15. The race director's concerns with younger triathletes is the sheer number of competitors on the course: over 3,500!

Regardless, we got her in and she had a pretty decent race... I think she was 48th out of 180 in the super sprint division. She had a pretty good swim and wasn't freaked out by the open-water traffic jam or the opaque water. She had a problem with her bike and at the last minute we had to adapt one of her old bikes to fit her and she really wasn't comfortable on that bike on the course, so she wasn't very happy with her bike split... but she had a blast doing the event!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I think if I ever saw her in a race I'd stop and give her a hug or something. After the finish line...because she'd probably beat me. It's great to see the photos of her out there. Xterra Beaver Creek?

IronDad said...

No out of state races this year but next year we'll probably do some Xterras around the country... Beaver Creek has one?? I do love the Vail/Beaver Creek area ;-)