Saturday, August 19, 2006

Watching the dolphins as we cross on the ferry... it seems like no matter what time of year or what type of weather they're always there. I couple of years ago we saw some of them mating and it was pretty wild. With all the twisting and turning and water splashing I thought it was a fight until we got closer!

A funny story... years ago (like in the 80's) when I was windsurfing up the channel on my windsurfer (the original 12-ish foot long "Windsurfer" with teak booms and deep centerboard), I was leaning back over the water hanging onto the sail when a bottlenose dolphin surfaced right underneath me and scared the bejesus out of me!!! I've seen them my whole life, but I guess his exhale spray combined with his length being equal to the length of the thing I was on really caught me off-guard!Posted by Picasa

No comments: