Saturday, May 06, 2006

We bought this tent in a village in the French Alps last year when we went to see the Tour de France.

I was afraid that we were going to have to camp out to get a good spot on the mountain stages so I bought this tent on our way to Courcheval. Our hotel in Courcheval was sooooo nice, though, that we kept the room for several days and just left early each morning to make it out to the tops of the various mountain stages and returned when they were over.

We ended up with great spots to view the race (see our pics on our other blog: http://irondad.blogspot.com/ ) , and the tent was never used!

Having only been set up in our den, it had never really been put to the test, so when a thunderstorm came through at 1am I was praying I had put it up right (in the dark, by myself) and that it would hold and keep us dry. Thankfully, our tent survived the 1am thunderstorm! Posted by Picasa

No comments: