Monday, September 10, 2007

Cross Country time!

This was the first middle-school XC meet of the year.

Cute story: the night before she came to me and said she was nervous and I asked her why. She said "no one else is nervous from my school because they don't think they'll do well, but I want to win!". I told her what I always tell my kids before starting events: "Just have fun and do your best."

It's hard to see in the top picture because I can only get the middle of the line, but there were over 300 7th-grade runners... with Kiersten's school fielding almost 50!

The race director lead the runners in a 4-wheel drive vehicle and the course was marked perfectly... it was a very well-run race!

If you notice in the last picture about 100 meters from the start Kiersten is smiling and talking to her teammates, so it was clear she was having fun!




Posted by Picasa

No comments: