Saturday, May 19, 2007

Beach to Bay Relay Marathon


Billed as the oldest (31 years) and largest (over 9,000) relay marathon we did the Beach to Bay on Saturday. "Dads and daughters"... that's what we called our team... although after injuries to a dad and his daughter we became two dads and two daughters and two of their friends. Regardless it was a blast and even with the two girls doing some walking we placed something like 200 out of 800 in the adult mixed division!

I ran the first leg on the beach... yes... 4.5 miles in the soft sand... and handed off to Kiersten. Our hand-off was hilarious because it took like a minute because as we ran along side each other she handed me her jacket and I handed her the baton and my iPod!

Here's Kiersten moving along on leg 2... check out the cool "no hands" modification I did to our baton!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: