Saturday, January 06, 2007

Hit by a car!

Yep... on my traditional New Year's "triathlon" (ride 60 miles, run 3 miles, swim 2 miles) I was hit from behind by a crazy woman in a SUV.

After almost 4 hours in the emergency room I was cleared with no broken bones, but feeling a bit battered and bruised with a messed-up bike.

5 days later my neck and back feel worse, and although they said no broken bones in my foot I'm getting a second opinion because I have some pretty severe localized pain on one spot and I can't imaging what else that could be.

As a friend said "be thankful you're alive"... and I am!

(No, that's not me in the picture.) Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Carrie said...

Yikes! Hope you are healing well.

Anonymous said...

Hi Irondad,
Also from the netherlands all the best with you recovery.
I hope you are healing well and will be able to get back on the bike and run as soon as possible.

take care

Patrick

IronDad said...

Hartelijk bedankt Patrick!

Born To Endure said...

Thank goodness you're alive to tell us about it..heal well!!

Velo Bella said...

Ouch!

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Thankfully, you're OK.